- March 29, 2020
- Posted by: dawgenglobal
- Categories: Advisory, Business plans, Competitive research, Consulting Services
For some people who are failing to become successful, they are their own enemies.
From time to time, we are all guilty of behaviors that hinder our own success. If you commit the following blunders, you will be undermining your own success.
1. Forget your goals and visions, or not having them at all. What do you want to achieve in your business, in the short and long term? What do you visualize enjoying after you have achieved these goals – financial security, better life styles, a new home or car, a holiday? Set specific goals and the activities you will need to undertake in order to achieve these goals. If you do not set down specific goals, or if you forget about them during your journey towards success, then you are sabotaging your success.
2. Lose confidence in yourself. You have the goals, but most importantly you will need the confidence that you can do it!
3. Lack of knowledge or stop learning. You do not need to physically go back to college to learn. There are now various channels through which you can learn. Often, what you need to succeed personally or financially is not learnt in a university degree! Search for personal and financial development training programs, and equip yourself with the knowledge and tools you will need to become successful. Successful people never stop learning; in fact they tend to have an insatiable desire for knowledge. Search the internet, find the best learning programs, read books – just learn, learn and learn. Invest a little in educating yourself as this will help you achieve your goals.
4. Think that you can become successful without any investment. This is a common reason why people fail to become successful. Everyone wants something for nothing! Well, if it is something that will make you a millionaire, then you must be prepared to investment some money and effort into it. No genuine long term business can thrive without initial capital outlay and consistent investment, whether they are an on- or off-line business. There are some genuine businesses which you can start and run with minimal capital outlay, but they do still need some money to grow them. Being cheap is not recommended, and it will not get you anywhere near your goals of becoming wealthy and successful.
5. Fear of failure. This is the toxic failing that keeps a lot of people away from their dreams of becoming successful. I like the quote which says “Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure”. If you face a temporary setback on your quest towards success; learn from it, pick yourself up and soldier on towards your dreams. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success”.
6. Procrastination. Yet another nasty one! Taking action TODAY is the foundational key to all success. By procrastinating, you are missing chances to be the best you can be; to make money, and to be successful. Get rid of all the bad habits that waste your time, break down your tasks to small manageable bits, visualize the end result of your project – do all that you can to fight this deadly habit that can keep you away from your goals.
7. Lack of focus. You can have clearly laid out goals on the success you want to achieve, but if you do not have focus, you will soon sabotage your success. There are a lot of ‘business opportunities’ that will arrive in your inbox daily – most of which are scams, no matter how genuine and promising they sound. When you are starting your online business, you can also easily become overloaded with information. Well, in some cases the information overload can simply stop you from taking any action! The trick is to be focused. Have a list of your things to do everyday. Everyday, do something towards building your business.
8. Be easily discouraged. This is a common one. Your family or friends may not believe that you will succeed. Do not let this discourage you. It is recommended that you have a good network of positive people who can support and encourage you as you work towards your success. People will say discouraging words, discouraging things will happen around you; but it is only you who can let that get to your mind and affect you.
9. Dislike constant change. In order to be successful, you must be constantly improving yourself, your business, and your products. If have an online business – this is even more important since the internet is very dynamic. Stay on top of recent developments and be constantly learning new ways of running and growing your business.
10. Lack of dedication. This is the vital one. If you want something badly enough, it will be yours. A lot of people fail because they do not have the necessary desire to become successful.
In conclusion, I will share with you these quotes on success: “Success isn’t a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire”. “What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose”. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him”. “Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success”.
Go get it, and be successful!